The Phone3D app is for Android phones or tablets or Windows Phones. The Phone3D app itself is free and may be installed on multiple phones or tablets. Phone3D uses Cloud3D Services with your Internet connection to transfer data. You may demo a report in Phone3D without a Cloud3D Services account, but you must sign up and enable a personal account to transfer your actual mobile reports to and from Phone3D and your main 3D Inspection System software.
Watch Videos about Phone3D
Read what inspectors say about Phone3D.
Other Phone3D related articles.
To get started (each step is outlined on this page below):
A. Install the free Phone3D app on your compatible phone or device.
B. Demo the interface for free!
C. Sign-up for your personal Cloud3D Services account.
D. Enable Cloud3D in report writer Preferences and transfer reports to/from your mobile device.
Click Here for Information about Installing Apps
"Phone3D Inspection Software" is in "Productivity" genre. Install one of these ways:
From Marketplace in Windows Phone, tap Search and enter "phone 3d"
On Windows Phone, tap Bing, tap Vision, scan red QR code to the right, tap link & Install.
From a regular computer browser, click Download logo below.
View General Windows Phone 7 Gesture Tips Here
Click Here for information about Installing Apps
Android app generally works on 2.2+ phones and tablets. Install one of these ways:
From Play Store (formerly Market) in Android, tap Search and enter "3d inspection" to search and install
On your Android, use a QR reader or Google Goggles on your device to scan the green QR code to the right, tap link & Install.
From a regular computer browser, click Get it logo below.
After installing, use Open Sample to try the Phone3D interface with a sample report.
Note that the Sample is just one brief example group of residential forms, simply to allow you to demo the general interface. When you use Phone3D with your own Cloud3D account, you'll be using your OWN customized forms from your main software instead.
View or Download Phone3D Interface Tips Here
If you have feedback or questions about using the interface, please send any such feedback to us here: http://www.3dinspection.com/tech-support/index.html
Click Here to learn more about Cloud3D Services
How to turn on Cloud3D Services:
Use your User name (AKA Activation ID or Account ID, usually your email used during initial activation of your desktop software) and password to Login to your Cloud3D account when sending or retrieving reports, or the login provided to you by your employer. Employers may easily manage all their inspector logins from the report writer Preferences Cloud3D Services tab in the main software. If multiple inspectors are using your Cloud3D Services account, each should be certain to ONLY use the login assigned to them to avoid accidentally overwriting a report.
1. Sign-up for Cloud3D Services. Note that you must have a current software subscription to use Cloud3D Services.
2. 3D Inspection Systems will contact you when your account is activated.
3. In your regular 3D Inspection Systems 11.3 or higher software, switch to the Report Writer. Click Preferences > Preferences. Click Cloud3D and enable Cloud3D Services. Click OK when done. Note: When you next close and reopen your 3D software, the Office Management Pocket3D Inspections button will be re-labeled Cloud3D Inspections. However the button will work immediately with cloud as soon as it is enabled in preferences.
D. USE WITH 3D INSPECTION SYSTEM DESKTOP SOFTWARE
*Cloud3D Services must be enabled (see step C. above)
To send a report to your phone:
1. In your job in Office Management, make sure the job is assigned to the desired inspector. Click Cloud3D Inspection > Create and upload inspection. Use a job name assigned to the desired inspector.
2. Select the form group you wish to use for the report, and enter your login when prompted. Your inspection along with the inspection date and time entered for the job in Office Management is uploaded for handy viewing on your device.
To open a report on your phone:
1. In Phone3D, login using your Cloud3D ID and password.
2. Tap the desired report(s) and Download.
3. Tap the desired inspection on the phone and Open.
4. Wait for Phone3D to load the report, and Inspect!
View or Download Phone3D Interface Tips Here
1. When finished with your report, use the Back button on your device to return to the inspection listing.
2. Tap the inspection on the phone and Upload.
3. Wait for Phone3D to finish uploading the report, and you're ready to finalize and deliver it!
To retrieve the report back into your regular PC 3D Inspection System:
1. In Office Management, click Cloud3D Inspections > Convert a completed inspection.
2. Select the desired completed report and click OK to convert it back into the regular program.
Note about special graphical forms (WDO, Wind Mitigation, HUD, etc.): Phone3D works exceptionally well for regular narrative style form groups used for most inspections. However if you use a special graphical form that prints to a pre-designed set layout, please note the following caveats, since Phone3D does not know when a form is designed to print graphically. Do not use the copy heading or subheading option since graphical forms can only print existing fields as designed onto the specially designed final printout. Only insert photos into any fields specifically designated to accept them in the final graphical form, as they will not otherwise work or be accessible. Only insert a single photo into each such designated photo field. Where a photo section is available in a graphical form, usually there are multiple fields for inserting the photos. None of these restrictions apply to regular narrative style form groups. (To verify whether a particular form group is graphical or not, switch to the regular Report Writer and click File > New Inspection to view your forms groups. White icons in the listing are narrative; Yellow icons are graphical)