PDA

View Full Version : Net Book

rjdhi1
04-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Would like to use a new net book computer in the field to replace a small palm unit and then sync it with the main office computer to complete the report. The new net book does not support microsoft sync so I had to down load the new version of windows moble device center. NOW is there a usb wire with the same connection ends to perform this action? If there is will I still just sync pocket pc with the net book. I am using version 11. Or is there a way to do the inspections on the net book and then wireless or e-mail the partically finished report to my office desk top??? Thank You Bob D

Donna
04-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Windows Mobile Device Center was simply Microsoft's replacement for ActiveSync when Vista and Windows 7 came out. Works quite similarly. I don't know of any reason you couldn't use a pocket PC with your netbook provided you can connect it.

If your netbook runs regular windows, then yes, you also would have the option of using it directly with a regular version of 3D installed on it to do reports, which you certainly could transfer to another computer to finish. If you want to do it over the internet, you might check out the Sync Services option in report writer Preferences, which may be used to easily transfer reports back and forth via the internet between regular desktop and field notebooks.