PDA

View Full Version : Andriod based phones

robk3156
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Is there any other phone system from ATT that will work with pocket 3d. Would andriod work or will you be creating something for it. I have read to much about windows 7 phones not multi tasking and if you get a call you could lose all of your work on the file while inspecting.
I am using an Ipaq right now but it to is messing up. I am tired of lugging around recorders, phones and Ipaq. I would love to have it all in one.

robk3156
08-03-2011, 07:24 PM
One more thing, I think I read some where cloud is free for subscribers?

Donna
08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
If you get a call, you do not lose any work in Phone3D. Don't know where you heard that, but completely untrue. WP7 automatically preserves open apps whenever you switch to another app so you can easily tap Back to go right back where you left off whenever you're ready. And when the Mango update comes out this fall, you'll also be able to do task-switching similar to doing ALT-TAB in regular windows, where you can flip between your apps to jump back to a specific one.

Right now, ATT has 4 phones that work with the new Phone3D app- the Samsung Focus, LG Quantum, HTC Surround, and HTC HD7S.

Yep, Cloud3D services for xfer of reports to/from Phone3D is free to subscribers. See the News area on the main 3D website.

robk3156
08-04-2011, 07:25 PM
which of those would you suggest to work the best. Read that the focus does not come with a browser. But yet it may be the better of the phones.

Donna
08-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Read that the focus does not come with a browser.
Really?? I don't know where you're getting your misinformation. All the WP7s come with a browser. In fact the Focus browser has been shown to be faster than iphone. http://www.bing.com/search?q=samsung+focus+browser&src=ie9tr

Probably you should look up various reviews on the specific WP7 models you're most interested in, watch videos showing them in action, stop by your carrier and see if you can demo them, etc.
It probably more a matter of which one has any particular special hardware features you prefer, or what you like the feel of best.

robk3156
08-05-2011, 01:22 PM
My son is sending all the links for this info. I am rsending your info to him. Sheesh, this is so confusing. Ok so I was thinking about the focus since it is a free phone from them.

redlabel
10-11-2011, 05:29 AM
I went the htc hd7.. for it has the largest screen in all these models. Personally though i wish this ran on android so i could buy a 5 inch motorola xoom or Samsung galaxy tab. to me the phones are to small and the 7-10 tablets are too big. I wish their was a 5 inch option to use with phone 3d software... that would be perfect. But yes go a htc hd7 if you want a phone

Donna
10-11-2011, 11:39 AM
According to 3D's system requirements on the website, Phone3D for Android is coming for phones and tablets. A tablet would allow more items to fit on the screen. There's no 5" screen tablets though, only 7" and 10". 7" is probably ideal for inspecting. Using Phone3D on your phone though lets you cut down on the number of devices needed, since you have your phone, camera, and program all in one.

Donna
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Ahha! Looks like there is a windows phone with a nearly 5 inch screen. Take a look at the Titan- http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/buy/7/details.aspx?id=1699&pid=&backurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.microsoft.com%2fwindowsph one%2fen-US%2fbuy%2f7%2fdefault.aspx

Everything should look a little bigger on that!

Donna
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Looks like the Android app for phones and tablets is available to users who need it, so that opens up more variety in devices also.

Chuck67
11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
According to 3D's system requirements on the website, Phone3D for Android is coming for phones and tablets. A tablet would allow more items to fit on the screen. There's no 5" screen tablets though, only 7" and 10". 7" is probably ideal for inspecting. Using Phone3D on your phone though lets you cut down on the number of devices needed, since you have your phone, camera, and program all in one.

Samsung Player 5 is a 5 inch droid... My next one