PDA

View Full Version : Cloud 3D Question

Terence McCann
10-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Hello Donna:

I tap the Phone 3D app on my Droid and then login. I see that there is a report on the server as well as my phone (same report). I would like to delete the report from the server as well as my phone however I don't see a menu choice for deletion.

How do I delete these reports?

Thanks.

Terry

Donna
10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Well if the file is on your phone, then it has to still be shown on the cloud server. It wouldn't remove from your cloud server until you upload it off the phone and then convert your report. Then it gets removed at that point.
Any "working" report in-progress is supposed to stay listed on the server.

The server should say whether a report is "Pending" (fresh, ready to download to inspect), "Working" (currently on a phone to be completed), or "Complete" (sent back from the phone, ready to convert back into the main program.

Terence McCann
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I started a job with Pocket 3D, for my Ipaq, but I received the cloud update a day before I went on the inspection. I thought I'd try the cloud service on the inspection with my Droid (I also brought the Ipaq along just in case) however it was taking some time to get use to so I got my Ipaq out of the truck and finished the inspection.

Now I have this job on my Droid however the job has already been completed hence the need to manually delete it.

fduemig
10-11-2011, 06:38 AM
From your PC go to Cloud 3D Inspection. After signing in the menu gives a choice to "Remove Highlighted Inspections". Highlight the inspection and click remove. That will remove the job from your phone.

Fred

Terence McCann
10-12-2011, 04:28 PM
From your PC go to Cloud 3D Inspection. After signing in the menu gives a choice to "Remove Highlighted Inspections". Highlight the inspection and click remove. That will remove the job from your phone.

Fred

I don't see that option Fred. In Office Management if I go to Cloud 3D Inspection I'm given two options: Create and Upload an Inspection or Convert a Completed Inspection. I've no option to delete.

Donna, if my inspection resides on a server (cloud) can I not log into that server to manage my files? I also have Astro file browser for my Droid, is there a tree I can prune somewhere?

Thanks.

fduemig
10-13-2011, 06:14 AM
I don't see that option Fred. In Office Management if I go to Cloud 3D Inspection I'm given two options: Create and Upload an Inspection or Convert a Completed Inspection. I've no option to delete.

Donna, if my inspection resides on a server (cloud) can I not log into that server to manage my files? I also have Astro file browser for my Droid, is there a tree I can prune somewhere?

Thanks.

Terrence,

When you select Cloud3D Inspection, You see a choice of Create and Upload, or Convert. When you click on either one you will have a sign in box, after signing in you see a selection box with the pending inspections. At the lower left there is a button that reads: "Remove Highlighted Inspection from the list". If you click on the job you want to remove, then select the remove button, the job is removed.

Fred

Terence McCann
10-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks Fred, that took it off the computer however it still on the phone. Any idea how to delete it of the Droid?

EDIT: I went into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Phone3D and pressed Clear Data. Going back into the program I had to re-enter my login name and password but the inspection was cleared out.

Perhaps on a future release they can add a delete option when you pick the inspection in the Droid.

Donna
10-14-2011, 01:23 PM
It's actually even simpler. To get a report off your phone, just upload it back to the cloud. That's it- its now off the phone.

If you're positive you'll never need to use that number again, you then could delete it as Fred said from the cloud listing. A specific report number can only be used once in the cloud.

Yachtsurvey
10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Is the 3D app out for androids? What do I search for in my app store?

Donna
10-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Phone3D is only released for Windows Phone 7 in the Marketplace, but in beta for Android. So it's not in the Android Market yet, but will be soon once it is. Check main 3D website and system requirements page for details and news as available. And your main 3D program welcome screen.

Cloud3D Services of course will work with either kind of device.

InspectThatHouse.com
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Will a Subscription Plan be necessary in order to use Clould 3D with Android? I know you encourage it... but will it be required to use at n/c?

Thanks

Donna
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Yes a subscription is required to use cloud services, as that helps cover costs incurred by 3D for use of the third-party servers required. See Cloud3D Services page under Products on 3D's main website for details.
All the Cloud-based apps for mobile devices however are completely free.

InspectThatHouse.com
11-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks Donna:D