PDA

View Full Version : iPAQ fails to save

Robert E Lee
10-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Recently I have had my iPAQ fail to save the inspection data even though I had clicked the "save" and the progress pin wheel indicted the data was being saved, yet when I synced to the desk top there was no data for the inspection and when I go back to check the iPAQ I find a blank inspection....anyone ever report a condition such as this?

Robert E Lee
GENERAL Home Inspections, INC

Donna
10-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Nope, never heard of anything like that before as you describe. Could maybe try a completely fresh setup of everything after a total factory reset.

Rpayneless@aol.com
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Robert, I have had at least 5-8 inspections fail to successfully sync between the Ipaq and the main computer in the past year or two. I also click save, watch the save proccess, and still loose the report. I understand when you say that the information disappears from the pocket3d after sync takes place. I had to go back to 3-4 homes that were vacant to do the inspection again. The others I have relyed on memory and pictures I took. There is nothing more stressful than wondering what I might have forgotten in the report. I now click the save button, but dont close the program untill after I have synced the report, that way, if it does'nt sync, I can go line by line thru the report on the ipaq and transfer it into the main report to be sent out. I also recently discovered that some of the information I checked off in the ipaq did not sync in the main report. It seems to be happening in one area of the report. When I check off some description aspecs of the bedrooms, they are'nt showing up in the synced report. My version also after synced, 98% of the time flags the furnace as a major problem, even though its not checed to do that in the custom form studo.
I will have to save and close the program at some point if I dont have enough time to sync between jobs, I just have to hope its there each time when synced.

Donna
11-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Sounds like synchronization issues in ActiveSync or WMDC perhaps not determining which copy of the file is newest.

Thank goodness these kinds of issues can't happen on all the newer devices that no longer use ActiveSync or WMDC at all. No wonder Microsoft discarded that old way of doing things.