PDA

View Full Version : Desktop to PDA to Laptop

sbyrnes
02-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Im trying to figure out how to make this happen and hopefully it is possible. I have 3D on both my desktop and laptop. What I would like to do is enter the info for the inspection on my desktop in Office Management, then send it to my PDA. When I get on the job, after doing the inspection, I want to sync my PDA to my laptop and open the report there.
I can do this now, but when I open it on my laptop, all the info for client and address do not come along from what I originally entered on the desktop in Office Management.
Is there a way to bring it along or do I have to set everything up on my laptop to PDA to laptop?

Donna
02-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, it sounds like you just don't have the Office Management information you want to auto-fill into your report set up as "default" menu items. If you set the menu item containing the merge fields as "Defaults" then when you pre-start your pocket report from Office Management, it will automatically merge that information so you can even see it on your Pocket unit.

For instructions, open the HelpDesk in the Actions pane of your main program, and view the Documentation for Pocket3D "Linking with Office Management" topic found under the Using Pocket3D section in the table of contents.

sbyrnes
02-26-2007, 02:12 PM
You're right, I didn't. It's working now, thanks!