PDA

View Full Version : Summary

Russ
01-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Donna -

In the newest version of the software I am able to have 8 summary sections in the report writer while on my IPAQ I only have four. How do you obtain 8 summaries on the ipaq?

Thanks in advance - Russ

Donna
01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Using an old legacy mobile product would only give you the legacy features that existed at the time it was created. But if you use a newer mobile product like Phone3D instead on a newer type of device, then you could use the features that were expanced after development halted on the old products.

Russ
01-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Using an old legacy mobile product would only give you the legacy features that existed at the time it was created. But if you use a newer mobile product like Phone3D instead on a newer type of device, then you could use the features that were expanced after development halted on the old products.

Your telling me its the device and not the software? How would my device know the summaries of a program? So it cannot work on an Ipaq, is that what your saying? I dont want to use Phone3D, I want use just use 3D using an IPAQ. So your saying that an Ipaq does not support the program. Being a multi inspector firm I cannot just keep buying numerous hand held devices. It would be prudent to tell people that upgrading could make all their devices they use not compatible with the upgrades such as the multi summaries. I looked forward the addition of summary items, but now they are useless without spending thousands...

InspectThatHouse.com
01-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Russ...You are using all 8 summary sections? wow! However, I do feel your pain by not being informed on hardware/software issues. The best I could say is look at where youre heading your business. Is the software you are using headed in the same direction? Are you both going in the same direction? What hardware do want to use? Do you want Android, Ipad, Windows? Are you getting the type of support you expect?