PDA

View Full Version : Phone 3D

Lou Prinzi
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Is there a way to see menu items when in edit mode in Phone 3D? I use the edit feature quite extensively and find it very cumbersome to have to back out of editing, choose another menu item, go back to editing, and so on. It would be much more user friendly if the menu items were listed to the right of the edit field (as in Pocket 3D). If there's no way to currently do this, can it be programmed and added to a future update (soon I hope). It's actually preventing me from making the switch from Pocket 3D to Phone 3D, and I have a spanking new Galaxy Tab 7 that I want to use.

Donna
01-26-2012, 12:10 PM
If you need to edit a lot of your narratives, why not select all of them, and that way when you edit and tap Import, they all get imported at once and you can then edit whatever is needed throughout any of them.

Donna
01-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Ideally though, you'd have yoru forms designed so you have no editing really needed, or at least very, very rarely.

Lou Prinzi
02-13-2012, 05:16 PM
I do have most of the narratives already complete. The issue arises when I have multiple items to insert for one component. I like to have a blank line between each one. Choosing all of them at once will insert them all with no line space between each one - looking like one big paragraph. Then when I import them I have to go find the end of each issue and insert a line - takes more time. Having the ability to choose the item from the edit screen will allow me to choose and isert it, line space, then choose the next, bing, bang, boom and done - much less time consuming. I like having the majority of the inspection report completed when I upload it so I have minimal editing later. The way the older Pocket 3D is set up is a little more user friendly in that way.

Donna
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
You could include a carriage return/Enter or two at the end of your various menu text narratives in the master forms. That way each one is automatically separated by a blank line if you want it formatted that way. The program pulls selected narratives from the master forms when you convert a mobile inspection back to a main computer.

Lou Prinzi
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Tried that. Problem is I have to put a return after every one of them Just in case there is a second one. Then, if there is only one, the item then gets carried to the report and summary with that extra line. That causes me to have to do more editing on the back end to make the report look good.