PDA

View Full Version : Phone 3D Summary Question

Terence McCann
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Hello Donna:

I always use Summary 1 to print out a list all important items from the report in addition to the report itself. Using the iPAQ I just tap the summary area to cycle through which summaries I would like to use (in reality I only use summary 1 though). It's really handy to do this at the time your inputing the information on the job.

Where is this function in Phone 3D? If this function is not present can it be added?

Thanks,

Terry

Donna
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
If you're not using ratings for summary, tap the comments to edit and then select the summary areas from the Summary menu on the edit screen.

Dennynh
02-13-2012, 04:49 PM
If you're not using ratings for summary, tap the comments to edit and then select the summary areas from the Summary menu on the edit screen.

I do not see this option on Phone3D screen? I do see this on the PC version. I would also like to use it for summaries on the Tablet. It can not find that option. Am I missing something?

Donna
02-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Tapping on subheading comments to enter or edit selected text allows you to change the summary level. The only time you would not see that summary option would be if you are using forms where you have specified that they automatically use Ratings for summary instead. Which is the easiest way to mark ites for summary. In that case, since just changing the rating automatically sets or changes the summary level there is no separate summary option (just as there is none in the regular program either) for those forms you have set to work that way.

The option to use Ratings to automatically send items to summary areas is set Preferences > Modify Ratings, summary tab. This method means that marking a particular rating, flags all the information in that field to go to summary area. So that automatically carries over to Phone3D or Pocket3D as well when using forms set that way.

If you do not wish to use ratings to mark items for summary automatically in a particular form group, and would prefer a more manual method of marking for summary, then you can turn off using ratings for summary and use one of the other methods. You may do so in the regular report writer using Preferences > Modify Ratings. Click the summary tab. If you don't wish to use ratings to mark items for summary, turn that option off. Alternatively, you may use the options there to adjust which ratings go to which summary area, or other ratings adjustments. After making such changes to your master forms, you'll want to compile them so the changes affect future reports created from the latest master setup.

Dennynh
02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Perfect. I will give that a try. Thanks.