PDA

View Full Version : Deleting report from server

Lou Prinzi
02-15-2012, 08:20 AM
I created a report on the sever from Office Management. Prior to downloading it to my tablet, I changed some of the form menu items slightly. I wanted to use the updated form on my inspection so I deleted the current report from the server by selecting "Convert a Report", then I used the "Remove it from the server" option. The report disappeared but it will not let me create a new one with the updated form by telling me "the report already exists" and cannot be created. I don't see it in the pending reports list, so am I missing something?

Donna
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
If you download a report to your actual device or use remove from list, then you can no longer use that same report name for any future cloud report.

Now if you hadn't downloaded the report to your tablet yet and also did not remove it from the list (i.e. the report was still listed as "Pending" in the list), then it would have allowed you to just upload a new base report for that job if you had just uploaded again without doing anything.

At this point, you'll just have to use a slightly different report name to send a new file up.

Of course you can also add new menu items to a report on the fly, or just add manual text if you like whenever needed.

P.S. Before uploading a new report, you'll want to make sure you compile your forms so the new report will have all the latest changes you've made to the master forms.

Lou Prinzi
02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Got it... thanks Donna. I did make a small change to the report name just to get going on it.

marshnewell
02-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Try to make report with the different name.