PDA

View Full Version : 3d mobile questions

Tim Sanders
02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I have a few questions
1. Can I start and complete an entire report and email it to my client on a tablet or do I have to send it back to my desktop first.
2. Do I have to have Internet access during the inspection?
3. Do I have to send an upcoming inspection to my tablet before I do an inspection or can I add new on the fly?
4. I will be doing quick visual inspections for a vacation rental company.
Inspecting 12 or more homes a day and want to know if I can do it on a tablet. I will need the flexibility to add new inspections on the fly and email from the site without even working with my desktop or laptop, is this possible. These will not be like normal home inspections, more like what a property manager would do.
5. Are there plan to make 3d operable on iPads in the near future?

Donna
02-27-2012, 11:59 AM
1. On a Windows 7 tablet, yet. On an Android tablet, no.

2. Internet access is not needed to actually complete inspections already sent to a tablet, as they can be opened and worked on without needing the internet. If you are using Phone3D, then you would need internet access only to transfer files to/from a regular windows computer, usually via wifi.

3. On an Android tablet yes, you would have to send whatever reports you want to complete to your tablet. You may however load up your tablet with several inspections before heading out.

4. One would normally use our main 3D software to send inspections to complete to the cloud, for retrieval into mobile devices. I suppose one could always set up remote access to one's main computer back at the office, in order to book and send jobs to the cloud on the fly. Or else, keep a few spare reports in the cloud or on your tablet for on-the-fly needs.

5. I am aware of no current plans, as iOS is too limiting and too narrow of a form factor with it's one-size-fits-all approach to satisfy everyone. With Android, inspectors can use all manner of tablet sizes, styles, and phones to do inspections instead of being limited by Apple's cookie cutter design. Even better, Android tablets tend to be less expensive than ipads and can do some things ipad can't.

Or you could of course just use a regular windows 7 tablet to the full 3D program, as that could do all of the above you want to do (even emailing the final report is possible with a regular windows 7 tablet provided you have internet access/air card to email final inspections directly from the field, or you could use a wifi hotspot)

Tim Sanders
02-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Sounds like loading the whole program to a windows 7 tablet is what I am looking for.
Thank you