PDA

View Full Version : Pocket upgrade

Frank Turak
03-22-2007, 07:43 AM
I down loaded the upgrade to 10.1 but my PDA is still running 9.0 My computer shows the proper installation and I installed the upgrade into the PDA. Am I missing a step here?
Frank

Donna
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Before you installed version 10 to your computer, did you follow the step of using the windows Control Panel Add/Remove option to uninstall Pocket3D? That way any prior installation files get removed. Otherwise, prior installation files probably did not get updated when you originally installed version 10 pocket to the hard drive.

Try uninstalling Pocket3D from the Control Panel. Then running the main version 10 Pocket installer again, and afterward use the Start > Programs > Pocket3D options to reinstall Pocket3D to your device again.

Frank Turak
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Did all that the first time. Just did it again with the same results
Frank :(

Donna
03-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Your Pocket PC is a Windows Mobile based unit, right? If so, you might want to try removing Pocket3D from your device first then. And then use the Start menu on your regular PC to install to your unit fresh.

But if your Pocket PC is pre-Windows Mobile 2003, then you wouldn't be able to install version 10 of the pocket program on it.

jonespc
04-07-2007, 12:08 AM
why do I get a error 438

"object does not support this property or method" I get this when I try to sync my pocket pc report to my computer. When I hit the "ok" button it closes the 3-d program. ???

Ken

Donna
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Syncing files between your regular and pocket units doesn't have anything to do with 3D. It's handled by ActiveSync in XP or Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) in Vista. So just syncing shouldn't have any effect on 3D, or close it.

If the problem is while converting a pocket report in 3D itself, then that's another matter. What exact steps are you doing when the error occurs?

I suggest you check with tech support directly for personal help if you're having a problem converting. They'll probably need some files from you to troubleshoot.