PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone Qwerty Question

James
10-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi all. I am using a brand spanking new Mogul smart phone. So far it runs 3d as well as my IPAQ but I am having problems with the key board. The touch screen key board is fine, but I have limited response on my qwerty slide out key board. Many of the controls just plain don't work in the program (works fine with everyone elses software). Any idea?:D

Donna
10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
3D lets Microsoft Windows Mobile controls completely handle the external interfaces to the input devices, even including the on-screen keyboard and handwriting recognition. So I would also expect the qwerty keyboard to behave the same way *unless* maybe the manufacturer itself is not completely using those standard MS calls. What controls in particular are working with the onscreen keyboard but not working in the qwerty?

James
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the reply Donna. The Key board will not let me Tab, nor will it let me leave the Fn function mode (I am typing in numbers rather than letters). I will re-install my 3d pocket and see what that does. :cool:

Donna
10-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Not sure I understand, since Tab can't be used on the onscreen Pocket PC keyboard anyway to edit in Pocket3D- it only navigates through screen items. And you can always just tap the screen to do that much quicker no matter what.
Also, there is no Fn function on the onscreen Pocket PC keyboard, however, tapping the 123 number button there easily switches to numbers. So maybe the manufacturer didn't set the Fn function on your hard keyboard to be exactly equivalent to the on-screen 123 button or something, or maybe because it has to work a bit differently it's not sending the exact same commands.