PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Pocket PC, specifications for Version 11?

Joy
11-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi,

We're buying a new Pocket PC, and I want to make sure I get one that fully integrates with all of the features of Office Management and Pocket 3D for Version 11. Is this information available yet?

Thanks,

Joy

Donna
11-08-2007, 03:40 PM
No version of Pocket3D has Office Management features. You can either pre-merge pocket reports with the info, or use Pocket Outlook to transfer that sort of info from regular Outlook.

However, here's our system requirements for the type of Pocket PC you need: http://www.3dinspection.com/about-software/index.html
Devices that meet the requirements will work for both 10 and the upcoming 11. There's a lot of other models or phone enabled Pocket PCs out there besides what is mentioned that should work fine as long as they run the right OS.

Joy
11-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Sorry, in regards to Office Management I meant that I want a device that has a version of Pocket Outlook that will integrate to a version of Outlook with will integrate with Office Management.

I think the link you posted answers my questions though.

Donna
11-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Windows Mobile for Pocket PC (needed to run Pocket3D) generally includes Pocket Outlook automatically.

Windows Mobile for Smartphone (which won't run Pocket3D) does not.

So any unit that will run Pocket3D should also run Pocket Outlook.