PDA

View Full Version : summary referance to report pages

Archispeak
02-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I am new to 3D and have not yet seen this in the forum. It would be nice to have the summary reference the page numbers where the issue is located. I try to keep the summary detailed yet brief. Too much detail I believe can unduly alarm the clients, realtors and lawers.

Donna
02-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Obviously, there's no way to really merge the actual page numbers automatically since your summary is generally created/merged indepedent of the final report, and and your final report itself or layout can always be changed at any time before printing (which means even if any page numbers could merge, they may not be accurate). (not to mention if you printed your summary before the report, then it itself would affect the report page numbering after it were included)

However, it's pretty easy to include a reference so clients can quickly locate the original area of a report where a summary item occurred. You could include form, heading, and subheading labels (using the summary preferences options) in the merge.

Or else you could use the report preference option of automatically numbering the subheadings in the report. If auto-numbered the corresponding unique number is also merged into summar when the subheading label is included, providing a great way to reference the item using a number!