PDA

View Full Version : Can't Download to Sprint Mogul

Rick Hartmann
07-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi There,
I can't download Pocket3D to the Srint Mogul. Yes, it's Windows Mobile 6.1 and I'm trying to download version 10. Coming up with the same result on my laptop and PC. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. I have a feeling that Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional is not compatible w/ Version 10....do I go to an earlier version of Mobile or will 3dVer11 work, I haven't upgraded yet???

http://www.homeinspectionplus.com/3dinstallpic.jpg

Donna
07-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Windows Mobile 6 Professional should work. Are you POSITIVE that the device is running WM PRO? And not "Standard". Check your device About information.
Also, did you follow the step by step instructions in the Pocket3D Getting Started Guide in the HelpDesk, to make sure the latest pocket install files are used, and not something old?

Rick Hartmann
07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks Donna. Here's a copy of the tech support steps that worked. Hopefully these can be useful for others. I guess Version 10 has to be installed like Version 11 for XP users. Since I don't have Version 11, the post below was very helpful.

1. First, get your Pocket PC properly connected to your computer by installing ActiveSync and setting up a partnership. Do not set up a “Guest” connection, as a regular partnership is needed. ActiveSync may be supplied with your device or it may be downloaded from Microsoft. If you need help with this step, please contact the device manufacturer.

2. On your PC, click Start > My Documents.

3. Open the Pocket3D folder. Note: If you do not have a Pocket3D folder, make sure you installed Pocket3D using your main program installer.

4. Locate and Copy the version file you wish to install: - To install normal Pocket3D, right-click the Pocket3DNoPrint.CAB file and Copy. - To install the printing edition (if available), right-click Pocket3D.CAB and Copy. Note: The printing edition is only available in certain advanced editions. See regular Pocket3D HelpDesk documentation topic “Printing From Pocket3D“ for special requirements to use printing options.

5. Connect your Pocket PC to your PC. Open ActiveSync, make sure your device is connected, and click Explore.

6. Open “My Windows Mobile-Based Device”

7. In the root folder of the device, right-click and Paste. The Pocket3DNoPrint or Pocket3D file you copied should appear.

8. Now on your Pocket PC device itself, close any open programs.

9. Tap Programs > File Explorer. Make sure My Device items are displayed. If not, take the folder navigation button at the top and choose My Device.

10. In File Explorer “My Device” folder, tap the Pocket3DNoPrint or Pocket3D file to open it. Follow the prompts to install it as needed.

11. After installing Pocket3D, tap Start > Programs. Tap the Pocket3D icon to launch it on the device to make sure it opens. If so, then you’ve installed Pocket3D.

Donna
07-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Microsoft may have changed something that requires that all pocket programs must be installed the standard way by copying the CAB file and launching it.

Post 1 here has the steps for version 10 on Vista (it would work similar on XP): http://www.3dinspection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161