PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 3D file problems

Doodah1
08-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I have version 11 installed and every time I select an .rce file from my pocket pc, I get an error: An error occurred opening the pocket 3d file. The file may be corrupt. I have tried creating the file on the pocket pc, and creating a file from the office management screen. I can create the file from office management, it syncs to the Pocket Pc, I'm able to use the file and fill it in, but when I try to open in up in report writer, I get the error. I am still able to open the file on the pocket pc and view it or change it. I have used Version 10 for some time and it all worked fine. Am I missing something in the transferring of files? Right now the program is useless, as I have to reenter every line of the inspection again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom Rinicker

Donna
08-12-2008, 11:10 AM
You're using "Pocket3D for version 11" on the device (it should tell you when you open it?
You're converting the report back into Version 11 on your main computer?
Did you try recompiling the forms for pocket in version 11- are there any errors or warnings in the compile log that need correcting?
If you pre-start a report from Office Management, can you immediately switch to the Report Writer and convert it (before it even goes to the device)?
If all the above is correct and normal, sounds like you need to send your question to support for troubleshooting.

Doodah1
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks Donna,

I've verified that I'm using Pocket 3D 11. Hard not to with the proceedure for installing the Cab being so different from 10. I recompiled all my forms and there are no warnings or errors. I tried converting the new file without opening it on the Pocket PC, but same error. It will open fine on the Pocket PC though. I'm switching back to 10 as I've already had to completely reenter several inspections and I just don't have the time to try and sort these issues out. Thanks for the help!

Tom Rinicker

Donna
08-14-2008, 10:49 AM
...sounds like you need to send your question to support for troubleshooting.
Please do that, as it sounds really odd.

Donna
09-12-2008, 02:58 PM
An error occurred opening the pocket 3d file. The file may be corrupt.

Update: The problem turned out to be that there was something wrong with the Microsoft .NET Framework installed in windows itself that prevented converting from working. Removing that from the control panel and downloading it fresh from Microsoft and reinstalling solved the issue.