PDA

View Full Version : Error message Initialize report: InvalidCastException

Rob
09-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Just installed Version 11. Seemed to go ok including installaton of Pocket 3D update. Compiled forms, set up a new job and sent to pocket3d but now get the above error message when I try to open on handheld computer to enter my data and I don't know why.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Rob

Donna
09-22-2008, 02:21 PM
An invalid cast exception message indicates you probably don't have Pocket3D for version 11 actuallly installed and are trying to use an older Pocket to open files in the newer version 11 format.

Double-check what version it says on your opening Pocket screen. Use the step by step instructions in the Pocket3D Getting Started Guide in the helpdesk to get Pocket3D for version 11 installed to your device

Rob
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Donna,
Thanks for the help. I knew about looking in the Help section Getting Started but could not locate the Pocket 3d installation section. I'm not sure if others have had trouble with this. I ended up doing a:) search on this site instead and found your post "How to Install Pocket3D from Vista to your Pocket PC using a .CAB File
Rob

Donna
09-23-2008, 12:54 PM
The old forum post dealt with version 10. Since the location of the CABs for 11 is different than 10, following the Getting Started Guide in the current helpdesk is the way to go for 11. You should verify that Pocket3D opening screen does indeed say "for version 11" to make sure you have the right one installed. If so, you're all set.

I have no idea why you'd have any trouble finding the HelpDesk Get Started guide- here's how:
In your main program on your main computer, click HelpDesk in the Actions Pane.
In HelpDesk, click the Getting Started button.
Click Pocket 3D.
That's it. The guide walk right through setup, screen by screen, starting with installation.