PDA

View Full Version : Default menu items not transferring

Joy
06-30-2009, 08:13 PM
I've been having a problem with some of my default menu items not showing up once I merge the Pocket 3D file into the report writer file. Is this a known glitch? Is there a way around it?

Also, I've found that checking a menu item that is set up (in custom form studio) to automatically go to a summary will make everything from that subheading go to the summary. I've found a work around... I simply select "No Summary" in Pocket 3D and then once it merges everything goes to the summary areas that they were set up to go to. This isn't as much of a problem as the first thing I mentioned, but if there's a setting I can change or something like that, it would save me a step every time I check something that's set to automatically go to a summary area.

Donna
07-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Are they still marked with a check in the report in Pocket3D? If so, they should convert into the regular program normally.

Only a "marked fields" method can be supported in Pocket3D- see the documentation for further details.

Joy
07-01-2009, 05:19 PM
They're marked in both Pocket 3D and in the Report Writer report that they're being merged into (same form set).

Donna
07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Ah, I think I see the problem. I missed that you said -
once I merge the Pocket 3D file into the report writer file

So you are "Merging" the file, rather than just converting it normally? Then of course the items would be ignored. As explained in the file menu help "Pocket inspections only merge into "empty" fields" in a regular report. So probably the items were already filled in if they were defaults. Therefore MERGING a pocket report isn't going to do anything with that field.
Although there's usually no need to ever merge files unless you have multiple inspectors working on the same report, or working on both a laptop and pocket concurrently. But even so, you'd normally convert the pocket report first and then merge successively into it as needed afterward.