3D Inspection Systems Forum  

Go Back   3D Inspection Systems Forum > 3D Software Help > Custom Form Studio
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 PM

Default Batch delete of forms

Hi Donna, Over the years, I have accumulated a lot of forms, from updates 3D updates, and my own. I would now like to pare the amount of forms down quite drastically, is there a way to;
1: batch delete forms
2: or, return to the area of the forms I was deleting rather than defaulting back to the top of the page and having to scroll down to where I just was?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
3D Guru

Default You could delete them all and then just restore the ones you want

Hi Chris,
If you have a lot of forms and form groups you don't need and wish to clear them all out, except only specific form groups you use, I'd suggest maybe doing it this way.

First use Office Management Backup All Files option to backup all the custom data files in your program (just so you have everything for safe keeping).

Next use Custom Form Studio to right-click the particular form groups you want to keep and create a 3DF backup for each of those.

Then open your data folder in windows and delete all form files that exist. i.e. files that end with .SET, .CFS, .CFG, .FFS, .3DC extensions in windows. you can have explorer list files by type to make it easy to delete each group of files.

Once all the form files are deleted, then use custom form studio File > Install a set of forms to then install just the 3DF backup files for the form groups you backed up and wanted to keep.

That way, you get rid of all form files and then only restore the groups you want to keep and use.

Now if you accidentally forgot a form you did actually want to keep, you can still always extract it out of the full 3DBackup .zip file you made from Office Management in the beginning back to the data folder.