3D Inspection Systems Forum  

Go Back   3D Inspection Systems Forum > 3D Software Help > Installation & Upgrading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 01:02 PM

Default Cloud Upload

I am setting up to use phone 3d, when I input an inspection and click create and upload inspection, I get a message "validate failed". Any advice on what I may be doing wrong?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
3D Guru

Have you actually signed up for Cloud3D, and received an acknoledgement email that it has been activated for you? If not, that would definitely explain a validatation fail.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Default How do I activate cloud

Donna: How do I activate the cloud services for the new software we just purchased?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM
3D Guru

See the Phone3D page on the 3D website / also accessible from your HelpDesk getting started area, and just follow the steps that are outlined.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 AM
michaelwalker

Thanks Donna for explaining this..I successfully activated the cloud services for the new software by following the steps..
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 AM

Default 2 inspectors

Donna
I want to set up the Phone 3D and cloud services. My question is can 2 inspectors work on the same home and merge their findings?

Thanks Dave
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
3D Guru

Default Inspectors on the same job would need to use two reports

The proper way to combine any reports together, mobile or otherwise, would be by using the main report inspection merge option in the main program. So for mobile reports, either Pocket3D or Phone3D, first you'd convert each mobile report into a regular report. Then once both reports are regular reports, you just use the File > Merge Inspection option to merge the other completed report into the one you have open. As long as all reports were created using the exact same forms, then the program can combine them, even combining information that might be entered by different inspectors into the same fields of both reports together. The only caveat is that any images included for the same subheading in a report that is merged may combined together into a single image containing both graphics, which may or may not be desirable, but that shouldn't really come up anyway if inspectors are assigned to inspect complete different areas.

So if you wish to have multiple inspectors inspecting on the same job in separate Phone3D reports and then merge those together, then you'd need to assign both inspectors to that job and upload two differently named reports for that job, one for each to work on their own phones. Ideally you'd have the Premier edition Office Management Customized > Features option to have "Multiple inspections per job" turned on. Then in the invoice tab for each job, you'd assign a different product code for the job to each inspector. That way you'll be able to create a separate report name for the job for each one, using the same forms. In turn, using their own sub-inspector login assigned to them, each would only see and download their report to complete.

When done, if for the same main job, after converting them back into the main program, you may then use the report writer File > Merge Inspection option to merge one report data into the other to combine them into your final report before delivery. You'd be using extra mobile reports for your account, but it would work for team-oriented type arrangements.